Art is supposed to challenge us. Challenge our beliefs, our prejudices and even our concepts of what we believe to be possible.
Sculptures are a great medium for this, as they allow the artist to play tricks on the eye and mess with the viewer’s concepts of logic. This collection of sculptures, compiled by A&D, do just that. Calling into question the laws of gravity and physics they make you wonder, how the heck did they do that? From incredible feats of balance on a grand scale, to just plain head-scratching sorcery, this list has it all!
Scroll down to below to check them out for yourself, and prepare to be bamboozled by these gorgeous and gravity defying pieces. Don’t forget to up vote your faves! (H/T)
01. The Force Of Nature By Lorenzo Quinn
02. Wire Fairies By Robin Wight
03. Wursa By Daniel Firman
04. Trans Ī Re By Fredrik Raddum
05. Floating Stone By Smaban Abbas
06. Coffee Kiss By Johnson Tsang
07. Take My Lighting But Don’t Steal My Thunder By Alex Chinneck
08. Les Voyageurs By Bruno Catalano
09. Wurf VI By Anna Borgman And Candy Lenk
10. Book Sculptures By Alicia Martin
The post 20+ Gravity-Defying Sculptures That Will Make You Look Twice appeared first on Architecture & Design.
Source: Architecturen Design